The goal of business is to sell information, products, or services and make money.
In order to accomplish that goal, you need to alert your target audience of your existence.
Potential customers can’t buy a product or service if they don’t know about it!
Social networking sites not only allow potential customers and clients to meet you, get to know you, and most importantly, trust you – they help you attract people who have an interest in the information, products, or services you have to offer.
Have you been spending a lot of time on social media venues and not seeing a return on your investment of that time?
Is “clueless” how you feel when you work so hard and the sales barely trickle in?
Here’s how to Waste Your Time and FAIL FAST in social media:
1) Confusing social media marketing with becoming a social butterfly and a Chatty Cathy.
2) Using a sales pitch approach
3) Buying every social media product and program that comes down the pike
4) Not automating the majority of your social media efforts
5) Believing you can make money with no financial investment and no work
6) Trying to implement social media without a plan
7) Having no mentor or mastermind group
8) Not coming to grips with the reality that social media marketing is a long term process that will not produce results overnight
9) Using social media as your ONLY marketing tool
I’m admittedly a Twitterholic and a Blogaholic and I spend a fair amount of time on my Facebook home page.
But when I first started using social media to grow my business, I didn’t have a clue how to do it effectively or efficiently.