Partner Up and Double Your Assets
Is it possible to double your online assets when you partner up?
GUEST POST by Kathy Griffiths and Sheila Atwood
Yes and yes! I have been lucky enough to partner up with by sister, Kathryn Griffiths. Although there are times when it seems like the blind is leading the blind, this partnership really has doubled my assets.
We partnered up back in 2007. Feeling much like Laurel and Hardy, we jumped into the car and attended the Salt Lake City Geek Club for the first time. The goal was to find some WordPress geeks to help us get our sites on line. Well, it worked and the rest is, as they say, “history”. (By the way… we can now attend the meetings and can actually contribute to what’s going on.)
My Partner Up Assets
- Time: Having a partner has increased my time. I have someone that can learn one thing while I learn another.
- Skills: Kathy has computer skills I do not need to learn. For example, she is an expert in Photoshop. Need a graphic…got a graphic.
- Editing: Two sets of eyes are better than one. Kathy will edit my blog, reports, and sales pages. Let me tell you, I need an editor. I can’t see my own mistakes.
- Copywriting: When it comes to needing a magic headline or the perfect piece of text, I can rely on Kathy. She has copywriting ideas I would never even think of.
- Comments: There is always somebody to comment on my sites. All I have to do is ask.
- Backlinks: We have a system of backlinking to each others sites. This works well on both our main sites and on our niche sites.
- Encouragement: When the going gets tough (and it often does) I get encouragement. I get support. Kathy helps me to stay on track and push through those times that I just want give up.
“It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” ~Marlene Dietrich
My Partner Up Assets
It’s been a great business asset to partner up with my sister, Sheila Atwood, and the journey has been fun. There have been a lot of laughs between the two of us as we’ve made our way through the maze of Internet marketing.
- Balance: I once heard it said… “In a partnership, you can’t afford to be crazy at the same time.” It’s nice to have someone bring me back to reality when I’ve had some “woo woo” idea that’s not practical. We sort out different strategies until we find out what really works.
- Information: Sheila has been a great source of information. She’s always searching the web for the most current and helpful information that she can pass on to her readers. I benefit from that research first.
- Tech. Issues: I’m amazed how tech savvy we both have become and how much we can figure out when we put out heads together. It’s saved a ton of money not having to call a web master at every turn. However, we both know when to cry “Uncle” and get more advanced help when needed.
- Immediate Communication: I love the fact I have immediate access to someone. When I’m excited about something I’ve just learned or when I run up against a problem … I can pick up the phone and get instant feed back. We visit several times a day. I can also count on finding several Twitter DM messages a week pointing me to helpful information.
- Encouragement: It’s easy to get discouraged when everything gets overwhelming. Sheila helps me sort out priorities so I can get back on track again. And that relates to family matters as well as business.
- Joint Venture: I have access to a joint venture partner I trust. We’ve had several ideas in the past, but I think we’ll have a winner when our new project is completed. It’s fun to work on an idea together.
- Support: I think the best thing about the “partner up” concept is that I get full support. I know I can always count on a comment on my blog and having my “Tweets” passed on to her list.
- Mastermind: We are a mastermind group of two. It cuts quickly to the chase. There’s no lag time in getting correction or encouragement.
Thanks Sheila… my partner in crime.
P.S. If you want to double your assets, I suggest you find someone you can partner up with. It sure makes business more productive, doubles assets … and best of all ….it’s more fun.
You will find these partners busy writing their own blog at:
Kathryn Griffiths – OnlineMarkeingAndPromotionBasics.com
Sheila Atwood – Newbie Lifeline.com
Thank you for an exceptionally special treat! You’ve created a hallmark moment on my blog, I love you both, and your guest post is filled with tremendous value. 🙂