I didn’t “ask for the sale” nearly enough times in 2011.
I didn’t stay laser-focused on making money this past year — BIG mistake. As you know, without sales, you can’t stay in business.
Believe me, I don’t plan on repeating that mistake in 2012.
Does that mean I’m going to pitch, push, prod, and pounce on people at the turn of every corner?
Am I going to include a promotional offer in every blog post and social media update for the next 365 days?
Will I transform myself into an abnoxious unrelenting spammer?
But I do intend to work a lot harder on asking for the sale.
What will that work involve?
- Raising my level of confidence
- Acknowledging my expertise has value
- Charging what I’m worth
- Targeting the right people
- Testing new marketing platforms and modalities
- Getting my marketing messages out there in a bigger way
- Collaborating with colleagues for joint venture success
- Building more brand awareness
- Creating more Buzz!
Your turn …
1. How do you plan to increase your sales in 2012?
2. What was your biggest marketing mistake this past year?