Are you new to “phlogging” and wondering what this strange word means?
Simple! It’s blogging by phone.
Phone + Blog = Phlog
My friend (and brilliant blogger), Fiona Bosticky, of Abnormal Marketing, introduced me to ipadio. I’m really fortunate to have Fiona in my circle of friends for many reasons. But I’m especially lucky because she’s a researcher extraordinaire when it comes to uncovering new tools and technologies to help small business owners market their products and services online.
If you haven’t had the joy of connecting with Fiona yet, look her up. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at all the wonders in her blog posts and all the ways she can help you to market your business. Follow her on Twitter at @abnormalmarket
Here’s an overview of the cool ways you can apply ipadio to your small business strategies:
The applications for such an easy-to-use technology are many and varied – here are some examples that capture the essence of ipadio – swift and easy broadcast of thoughts to a mass audience:
- PHLOGGING: avoid the tyranny of typing by using a phone rather than keyboard
- RADIO AND PODCASTING: for organizations with messages that they want to get out simply and easily
- DATA COLLECTION: field agents who need to report, or club-event information that needs gathering – get rid of those online forms that no-one uses and let people talk to you instead
- ROUGH GUIDES: live reviews on places, products, or personalities, from countries to casinos, from books to banking
- DISABILITY: we’re committed to breaking down barriers and believe ipadio is a major leveller on the information playing field, with all the freedom of the web without the demands of computer or keyboard – if you’re disabled and can’t travel easily, or blind and find text and keyboards unhelpful then ipadio will be a major improvement: Speak and you shall be heard!
- CHARITY: Use ipadio to enhance to follow your fundraisers on their walk, climb, or whatever it is they’re doing to raise money. Broadcast updates back to the charities website, the fundraisers’ family and friends, and Twitter, Facebook and other social networks.
- TRAVELOG: high up a mountain, fast down a river, dry in the desert, wet on the ocean – wherever you are and whatever you’re doing share it live with others with ipadio (and use the Google maps mash-up to show where you’re talking from)
- BUSINESS: never be out of hours again – take calls in 24:7 – and if you want we can link ipadio to product codes so messages can be routed direct to the relevant people, improving your customer care
- CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS: Need to broadcast a message to thousands of employees quickly and effectively? Enable the CEO to communicate directly with the people on the ground using just one phone call.
Go and try it out for yourself!